Integrating PeerBie MyWork into your IT systems sets up your organization for long-term success and security
Integrating PeerBie MyWork into your IT systems sets your organization up for long-term success and security. The goal is to make it as seamless as possible to manage accounts as people join and leave the organization. Additionally, we want to ensure that people have the best experience with PeerBie MyWork, regardless of whether they are working from a mobile device or desktop. Direct your IT project lead to our Technical Resources for more in-depth information on our technical integration best practices.
When connecting PeerBie MyWork to your IT systems you should consider the following:
Accessing PeerBie MyWork
Make sure everyone can access the Workplace website from the corporate network, and also leverage the PeerBie MyWork
Receiving Emails from PeerBie MyWork
Ensure people can receive their invitation to join PeerBie MyWork by ensuring emails from PeerBie MyWork don’t get picked up by any organizational level spam filters
Manage PeerBie MyWork user membership through a directory or single source of truth for who works at your organization. For most this will be connecting PeerBie MyWork to an identity provider like Active Directory, however, we also offer the ability to provision & deprovision users via a .csv file
The IT team can help you launch successfully by following a few simple best practices such as setting people’s desktop background/screensaver to a PeerBie MyWork announcement and pre-installing the PeerBie MyWork desktop and mobile apps on their work devices
Tactical how to
Verify your corporate email domain:
Verifying your PeerBie MyWork domain makes your PeerBie MyWork account “official” for your entire organization and prevents other people with the same email domain from creating other, separate Workplaces. Domain verification also allows you to:
- Enable Single Sign-On
- Edit personally identifiable information
- Send users notifications prior to their profiles being activated
If you choose not to verify your domain, you also have the option to allow list it. Allow listing your domain allows other people with the same email domain to create separate PeerBie MyWork accounts. If you choose to allow list your domain you can still verify it at any time.
Learn how to verify or allow a list in the PeerBie MyWork Technical Resources.
Enable user access to PeerBie MyWork:
- Work with your email administrator to add the com domain to a safe senders list in your organization’s email client. New users will claim their PeerBie MyWork accounts through an invitation link sent via email.
Your provisioning strategy for adding and removing users:
Admins can add or remove users from PeerBie MyWork using the following methods:
- Manually: add new users individually
- In Bulk:add users in bulk using a spreadsheet.
- Automated: connect PeerBie MyWork to your Cloud Identity provider or directory from Active Directory.
By having a separate status for invited and uninvited members, we allow PeerBie MyWork administrators to provision members in advance and invite them when ready. PeerBie MyWork administrators can prepare a community by creating groups and adding members to them. Once everything is prepared, the administrators can invite the members to claim their individual accounts and they will already be a part of relevant teams.
Once a PeerBie MyWork account has been provisioned for a member of your community, they need to be invited to claim their account. Once they claim their account, they can then start using PeerBie MyWork. Until members are invited to use PeerBie MyWork, they will be unaware they have a provisioned account. When an account is in an uninvited state:
- The member cannot claim their account and any attempts to do so will fail
- The member will not receive any emails or other notifications from PeerBie MyWork
When you are ready for your members to be made aware that they have an account to claim, you will invite them to PeerBie MyWork. Once they are invited, members will receive an email inviting them to claim their account through a uniquely generated URL. For SSO-enabled accounts, members will also have the option of claiming through logging into PeerBie MyWork through your configured SSO service.
Employees that don’t have company email addresses can be invited to PeerBie MyWork using access links.
Set your invite preferences:
Choose from the following admin invite settings to control who can join your Workplace:
- Only people who are invited can join: meaning that others can only join if invited by an admin or an active user.
- Anyone from the following email domains can join: meaning anyone from a verified or allow listed domain can join without being invited.
Any user can either add or request to add a new employee depending on your access request settings. Admins can choose from three access request settings to choose how new users are approved to join your PeerBie MyWork:
- Admins must approve all requests to join this PeerBie MyWork: Any invite sent by a non-admin must be approved by an administrator.
- Automatically approve requests from these email domains: Choose this option if you want to make your PeerBie MyWork open to any person with a corporate email address from any of the domains you verified or allow listed.
- Automatically approve all requests: Any new user can join PeerBie MyWork without admin approval.
How will users log in to PeerBie MyWork?
- Ask users to join themselves independently
- Require users to authenticate via Single Sign-on (SSO).
*Keep in mind only verified domains can enable Single Sign-On. Tips for enabling broad PeerBie MyWork adoption:
- For Managed Mobile-devices: Use PeerBie MyWork Support AppConfigto distribute the PeerBie MyWork mobile application through your Enterprise Mobility Management solution.
- Broadcast to your organization through Video Conference. An executive going live is a great way to get users to claim their accounts.
- Announce the launch of PeerBie MyWork by leveraging available communication teams in your organization to tell users about PeerBie MyWork. Some ideas:
- Set the default browser homepage to your company’s unique PeerBie MyWork login URL.
- Whitelist your domains and ports used by PeerBie MyWork
- Manage Employee accounts
- Manage users’ access to PeerBie MyWork
- Supercharge PeerBie MyWork adoption by making PeerBie MyWork app easily accessible.