Learn how to use PeerBie MyWork to engage with your organization.
As an executive using PeerBie MyWork, you have the power to amplify your company’s culture, promote transparency, and ensure that remote workers feel better connected to Headquarters. This guide outlines best practices for executives working in PeerBie MyWork to engage and empower their organization.
- Connect to your whole org with Live
Video Conference allows you to connect to all members of your organization, no matter where they’re located. Use video conference to hold town halls or Q&As, and invite people to participate with polls and comments.
Follow these steps to hold a live Q&A:
- Create an event or Video Conference in the Company FYI channel to announce the date and time of the Q&A.
- Create a poll in the Company FYI group asking people for feedback on what topics they’d like you to cover.
- Promote your Q&A through your corporate channels, such as email, to make sure no one misses out.
- To go video conference, click into the + Action list and select Video Conference
- Add a description for the video conference
- Start the live video by selecting Start
- We recommend that you go live for at least 10 minutes so your employees have time to tune in
- Collaborate with your executive team in an executive channel
You and your executive team are probably pretty busy, and your time to meet and have discussions is limited. Use a private Executives channel to stay connected and collaborating, even when you can’t meet in person.
The Executives channel is kept private, so your posts are private and secure. People who aren’t members of the channel won’t be able to find it through search and won’t be able to see members or posts.
- Communicate with your direct reports in 1:1 channels
Replace email communications with private 1:1 channels with each of your direct reports. Private 1:1 channels are great for assigning tasks, giving feedback, and discussing performance evaluations. Use them to stay up-to-date on what everyone is working on by asking your direct reports to post their weekly priorities in the channel.
- Check your News Feed regularly
Check your News Feed regularly to keep a pulse on your organization. Be sure to follow people that you work with regularly, like the rest of the executive team and your direct reports. PeerBie MyWork will prioritize their posts and comments in your News Feed.
- Comment and react to posts
Comment and react to posts to let people in your organization know that you’re listening and you’re engaged. The great thing about PeerBie MyWork is, you can do all of this conveniently from your phone.
Use PeerBie MyWork to:
- Give feedback
- Offer encouragement
- Recognize colleagues for a job well done
- Ask questions
- Make sure your posts are promoted in the News Feed
- Post regularly
It only takes 10 minutes a day of being active on PeerBie MyWork to have significant impact in the community. While it’s important to have regular posts, it’s not a numbers game. Develop a pattern that works for you and stick to it as much as you can.
Try building a content calendar with your team. It’s helpful to start off with special dates from your company calendar.
- Get answers fast with Chat
Use chat for communication that would otherwise clutter your channel page. Chats are best in situations when you need an answer fast, or when you’re just communicating back and forth with your colleagues. Information can get buried in a chat after a few days, so make sure you post important content directly to your channel page.
More helpful resources
- Executive Visibility and Accessibility (F)– learn best practices for executive comms on Workplace.
- Work faster with PeerBie MyWork Chat– learn how PeerBie MyWork Chat can help you stay connected and get more done.
- People Manager Guide (E)– find out how you can use Workplace to manage your team and your relationships with direct reports.
- PeerBie MyWork Academy– access live interactive training, self-paced courses, learning videos and more in the new Workplace Academy!
- Help Center– find answers to frequently asked questions and step-by-step instructions on using Workplace features.